Hiroko is the coordinator of Japanese Studies.
View Full profile
- Discourse analysis for language teaching
- Application of pragmatics to language learning
- Intercultural communication and language teaching
- Developing personal attributes through language learning
- Second language acquisition.
- 2011 Short-Term Student Exchange Promotion Program scholarship for the RMIT Japan Study Tour from Japan Student Services Organization
- 2010 Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR), National Asian Languages and Studies in Schools Program Strategic Collaboration and Partnership Fund – Round Two: the “Tertiary-Secondary Partnership for Innovative Language Teaching/ Learning Pathways” project 2010-2012
- 2009 RMIT TAFE Transition Initiatives, project title: The Development of Generic Skills within the Certificate in Language (Japanese) RMIT Languages Resource Development.
- 2010 Teaching Excellence Award – School of Global Studies, Social Science and Planning, RMIT University
- 2009 Teaching Excellence Award – School of Global Studies, Social Science and Planning, RMIT University
- 2009 RMIT Teaching Awards – TAFE Outstanding Teacher category (teaching team application), Certificate of Achievement for provision of quality learning and teaching opportunities through a cohesive team approach, which fosters student engagement in Japanese and Chinese language learning through diverse industry and community links.